Regular washing helps maintain the performance of Buffalo products and keep your friends. It restores the loft of the pile fabric and separates the fibres, revitalising the performance. In the eventuality of the pile becoming matted even after washing, the fibres can easily be restored by brushing to separate the fibres.
However, it is important to follow the washing instructions:
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not use fabric conditioner.
- Do NOT use a wash in waterproofing agent
- Maximum washing temperature is 30°c.
- Ideally wash in Nikwax Tech Wash. Follow washing instructions
- Use only a small amount of detergent and no conditioner, too much detergent can leave a residue, likewise conditioner. Rinse well.
- Do not use ‘Biological’ detergents, as they can shorten the lifespan of the proofing and affect colour. If worried that too much detergent or ‘Biological’ has been used rinse thoroughly in clear water.
- Always close touch and close fasteners.
- All Texturised Pertex products (Travelite trousers etc) should be turned inside out before washing to reduce pilling.
- Sleeping bags should be washed in an industrial machine such as in a laundrette.
- Nikwax TX Direct SPRAY ON can be applied to the Pertex outer only after washing. Follow instructions on the bottle.